Question:
what has it got to do with the mother in law, in the choice of holiday we decide to take?
lonely as a cloud
2006-04-29 15:33:17 UTC
We decided to holiday to africa for our first trip abroad. We got a lecture off the mother in law for the choice we chose. Its not as if its a safari, its a family holiday package, so whats so wrong with it? Perhaps we dont want to go to spain like she has? she really winds me up.
Fourteen answers:
Einstein
2006-04-29 15:39:11 UTC
Well , if she isn't paying for your trip tell her to bugger off.
georgie98
2006-04-29 22:41:12 UTC
You are correct in that it does not have anything to do with the mother in law. Unless she is going with you and wants to be a part of the planning process. But if its just you and the spouse and kids then you can just thank her and go have a great time!!! She may have some fears about her family going to africa and feels it is safer to go where she has gone and knows something of the country. Maybe give her some details about the trip like where you are going and with what company and places you will stay.Bon Voyage
pow_xx1
2006-04-29 22:41:21 UTC
It shouldnt be up to your mother in law to decide what you do in your own life. I guess she is just worried about the thought of you taking your family to Africa but you should explain to her the whole of Africa isnt the same as you see it on tv. There are some beautiful places in Africa. It should be up to you where you want to take your family.
chulita
2006-04-30 03:57:30 UTC
Been there, done that, every freakin year of my married life. Something about mothers-in-law I guess. We can't seem to take a vacation without our entire extended family. I am going to speak with my hubby this year though. He needs to put his foot down with his mom. I mean, I know he loves her, (I do too) but I would like to spend some quality time with my husband and children without dragging everybody else along. You know, I probably wouldn't mind if I ever even got a chance to invite them, but she just invites herself and everybody else (at our expense) I don't usually get a say in any of it. But I will have a SAY this year. And so should you, sometimes we need to speak up!
true_blue_eyes_for_u
2006-04-29 22:39:09 UTC
The best thing to do is go to Africa like you and your family decided. Ignore the mother in law!

And..btw...Have a good time! :)
twentyeight7
2006-04-29 22:44:13 UTC
If she is not paying for it, or going along, it really is none of her business. Tell her to get her own life and quit trying to live it through you and your spouse.
alleykat1971
2006-04-29 22:42:57 UTC
it's none of your mother in law's business. find a nice way to tell her to stand down
Mrs. Mac 4
2006-05-05 07:10:53 UTC
No it is none of her business. When she starts to talk about going somewhere else just say "ok" and change the subject.
celeste_moon
2006-04-29 23:18:28 UTC
can't stand in-laws, it's none of their business where you and your family go on vacation
Village Girl
2006-04-29 22:38:06 UTC
Are you sure she's an In-law not an Out-law??!!
ummm
2006-04-29 22:35:36 UTC
I know the feeling believe me! but mines dead now...i hope my husband don't read this
smiler
2006-04-29 22:36:54 UTC
maybe she wants to go along with you
2006-04-29 22:35:17 UTC