Question:
How can I help my son quit getting mad?
dottie24874
2006-04-27 12:24:26 UTC
He gets aggraviated at his friends and stays on the phone a lot when I tell him to get off at a reasonable time he sreams at me and talks really mean. He will be 18 in September and he says, then he will do what he wants to. That bothers me, I am a 58 year old mom and I woder why
Seven answers:
almost heaven
2006-04-27 12:37:16 UTC
sounds like he needs counseling...find him a mentor it could the friends he is with...good luck!
Delora Gloria
2006-04-27 19:36:59 UTC
Have you asked him why he is so angry? He might be so surprised he'd actually tell you. But be prepared to be completely honest with him if he does. Its a very difficult age. I remember I put my parents through hell at that age. You might also try a "safe" conversation - either of you can say what you really feel for a period of say 30 minutes, without the other one butting in. You might learn a lot about your son. Think about what your boundaries are, and then let him know. If bad language bothers you, just say so but don't react to it. My mother decided that her priority was keeping her children in contact, and she did. As my brother says, if a man's home is his castle, he will come back. It is very healthy that you have posted this question. I'm betting on your finding a solution.
coolbeansnyc
2006-04-27 19:35:36 UTC
Be very kind and understanding but tell him in Sept he has to have a job and a place to live so he better be talking to ppl about a job and an apt. In the mean time, tell him you both need to go to counseling and if he doesn't like that tell him he has your permission to leave your home.
angel
2006-04-27 19:26:08 UTC
Talk to your doctor about getting him into anger management classes. These will really help his anger. Also tell him, no matter how old you are, when you live under my roof, you follow my rules. If he doesn't like it, show him the door
2006-04-27 19:36:58 UTC
Tell him first of all it's your house and you will not tolerate any disrespect from him and second if his behavior towards you continues; he doesn't have to wait ,he can leave right now.
nora7142@verizon.net
2006-04-27 19:36:00 UTC
he needs some help. he may be bi-polar. take him for a consultation to your doctor
ladypiper04
2006-04-27 19:33:02 UTC
i used to do the same thing... have him to go talk to someone. it helped me.