Question:
How can some dad's leave their kids?
jachooz
2006-04-27 10:06:01 UTC
I was just sitting here thinking of my current husband. He took my 14 year old twins to work with him today for National Bring your Kids to Work Day. We have been married almost 2 years, but due to the fact that we have been friends since college, he has known me for 20 years. He met my kids the day they were born at the hospital.....but he is still their step dad. Why is it that their birth father, who has the biological connection to them, only comes around once every few months for a few hours, but their step dad can just come in and act more like a father and take care of them even though he has no biological connection to them? What makes some men unable to take the responsibility and some man do?
Seven answers:
2006-04-28 14:06:54 UTC
It's more than likely because the biological father doesn't appreciate the fact that a good woman would even have his kids and doesn't realize that there are good and better men who would kill to be in his shoes. There's a difference between being a father and a sperm donor.
2006-04-27 11:32:52 UTC
It's a biological thing. Men don't feel a child since the minute they are conceived, they don't have these perfect creations inside of them as women have (this in an advantage). Even if men spend the pregnancy in close expectation with you, it's not the same. Men will never feel that love women have for their children because they don't have that connexion... No breast feeding... there are so many things men don't experiment and women do!!!
MillwoodsGal
2006-04-27 10:10:21 UTC
It's funny you ask. I'm not American born but I was raised here. I see a vast difference in how men feel about their children in North America vs Europe. I don't know why it is, but I think North American men just don't want kids. They marry or at least enjoy the procreation part but don't want the end product. Selfishness? I dunno what it is. You're a lucky woman to have a husband who cares for your kids. Good Luck.
shitake
2006-04-27 10:21:29 UTC
he is not comfortable anymore to always be around with ur children coz he is no longer their usual dad, someone has taken his place already. that's why when two people separate it's so hard because everythin' life and styles change. it affects the children & you can't expect ur ex to really father them espc you have already someone.
weedsmokerinktown
2006-04-27 10:08:26 UTC
it just happens a lot

unfortunetly we r left to be both parents and it canbe hard

good luck

n just remember dont dog him out ur child will do that herself

just stay strong and do ur best n f u** him he is a dog
Alex (xelagnik@yahoo.com)
2006-04-27 10:08:36 UTC
some men just dont have it....

some men are simply unprepared to raise children...

he probably doesnt see that he is obligated to take care of his children...

some men dont think they have to
sunshine
2006-04-27 10:16:41 UTC
Try day-care/nanny/relatives -- juz don't forget the $$