Question:
how do i write a speech for my son's bar mitzvah?
debra200377
2006-04-27 20:06:48 UTC
im not jewish but my son is..i need to write a short speech but dont know how to go about it. can someone please help me
Seven answers:
2006-04-27 20:10:33 UTC
Well, I don't know. But good luck.

I love Jews.
ml_backup
2006-04-27 20:15:49 UTC
Most bar and bat mitzva speeches refer to some element of the weekly portion read from the torah (5 books of Moses) and the prophets in the jewish bible ("old testament"). Check a Jewish calendar or your local rabbi or knowledgeable Jew to find out what chapters and verses are being read the Saturday of the event and then read through the text to find a story or a person or a law or an event that you and your son may be able to relate to or learn from. This approach will show your son, family and friends that you value your son having a connection to the Jewish tradition that can help guide him in life to be a better person and a better Jew. Hope that helps and good luck. Mazel Tov!
?
2016-12-19 00:42:19 UTC
pauline3829
2006-04-27 20:18:40 UTC
debra I am not jewish so I wouldn't have a clue but would it not be a good idea to ask the canter. wish you luck pauline.
fashionqueen
2006-04-27 22:36:58 UTC
ask the rabbi...or ur husband (if u have one) or another family member for sum ideas...but u can mostly just talk about ur son...lol....his accomplishments..n all that
Miss Raven
2006-04-27 20:10:12 UTC
Get drunk........the words will magically appear. (Delicious)
2006-05-04 18:45:12 UTC
if your son didn't ask you to, don't do it, you will screw up he's life!