Question:
If your boss was a drug addict would you quit?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
If your boss was a drug addict would you quit?
Eleven answers:
mand
2006-04-27 09:20:12 UTC
Convince your Dad to go job hunting with you.

I've worked for someone who fits this description - he wont change, and his behavior is going to cause his business to fail, so you and your Dad wont have jobs anyway.
2006-04-27 09:19:10 UTC
I'd quit. It's not my job to save everyone in the world and I gotta take care of numero uno and do what's best for me.
USM987
2006-04-27 09:16:53 UTC
My gf/fiance has had a boss on drugs and she told me her work conditions were unbearable. She complained so much that I finally told her that I would help her find a new job immediately. It got to the point where her boss was asking ME to do her favors such as give her a car ride to escape from her crazy BF. A workplace with a drugged up boss only gets WORSE. If your dad really cared about you, he wouldn't put you in the situation your in and he would not work there either. You need to have a talk with both your father and the boss together and let them know you wont stand for this SH*T anymore. (sorry, got carried away) Hope this helps.
soniadeeb
2006-04-27 09:15:06 UTC
You and Dad both need to find another job and quit ASAP! this is a bad situation and will only last until boss gets busted. What's going to happen to the business if he goes to jail? Then you're all out of a job!
frid
2006-04-27 09:19:12 UTC
as long as the paychecks are on time and don't bounce, i wouldn't worry about it. one word of caution tho, don't get caught up in anything to do with drugs. If he sets them on your desk (or whatever), leave. If he asks you to pick some up for him, don't, leave.
2006-04-27 09:14:42 UTC
abandoned ship and have your dad do the same or turn him(the boss) in to the proper people for your dad.
hirsutemustelid
2006-04-27 09:14:37 UTC
I'm confused, is your boss the owner? If so, that is tough. If your boss is not the owner, then I'd tell the owner about it, your boss gets fired, and you can take the boss's spot! Or your dad can.
JULIE
2006-04-27 09:13:52 UTC
I WOULD NOT QUIT BUT I WOULD TURN HIM IN
2006-04-27 09:13:24 UTC
tell your dad to find a new job
shopriteismylife
2006-04-27 09:12:33 UTC
Yup...I am totally against drugs.
Peace2All
2006-04-27 09:17:45 UTC
I think it is great that you are so loyal to your father but, they are obviously used to your boss's behavior. If you are unhappy and running the office by yourself, I think you should quit. Right now it is still early and would be easier to leave. From experience, I have found that if you stay in a job that you don't like two things can happen, you become dependent on the job, you need it and can't leave and two, you dread and hate the job. Get out now, I think your father will understand. Who knows maybe if your father sees how much of a problem this is for you, it will motivate him and others in the office to take action and do something about your boss.