Question:
how can I get my husband to go on a diet?
bunny942001
2006-04-28 10:02:03 UTC
My husband is in denial. He refuses to accept that he is overweight and I'm concerned with his health. I love him no matter what, but I want him to be healthy. p.s. he hates vegies!
Six answers:
2006-04-28 10:15:06 UTC
dont do the things your being told rember you can only push a person one way and it will cause him to eat more from sadness you can like replace cooking with butter with butter spray bake instead of frying and just tell him you love him and thats why you want to have him lose weight and take a canded shot of an unflatering pose and show him gool luck flaim
langsuyar
2006-04-28 17:17:19 UTC
Get him to go to the doctor and have the doctor tell him how much danger his health is in. Make the appointment FOR him!! If you are the type to cook dinners all the time then cook healthy, even if he doesn't like it at first. Lean chicken breast, salads with tasty dressings. If you don't cook then pick healthy restaurant and keep ONLY healthy snacks (dried and chopped fresh fruit, nuts, yogurt, even low-fat beef jerky) around the house. REMEMBER: ITS NOT ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT OR A "DIET" IT IS ABOUT BEING HEALTHY AND HAVING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!!

The other important thing is to start developing active hobbies, like walks and tennis or something like that. Something you can do together, or by yourself-- set a good example and ask him to join you! Talk to him about spending more time together doing active things--not everything has to be a workout, you know! Does he like basketball or other sports?

Tell him how much you love him and how you want to spend a long and healthy life together!

And if that doesn't work, you could always withold sex until he loses a certain amount. (Five pounds the first week gets you a bj, 15 pounds by the end of the month gets two hours in the bed with lingerie! LOL, I'm just kidding!!! :)
babygirl_12589
2006-04-28 17:19:36 UTC
well there are lots of new dieting plans now.u can make some diet food for dinner every night and he wouldnt even know it.just dont tell him about it and everything would be fine.find ways to trick him into doing things.ask him to go for a walk with u,just say its to spend more time together and mention that its a nice day out.tell him itll be nice to get out and talk and spend time with him without bein cooped up indoors.good luck and hope it works out
?
2006-04-28 17:23:21 UTC
Cook him Quorn - i eat it all the time and it's really low fat. It tastes like chicken and if you do a stir fry with it, he'll never know it's not chicken. Put some Veg through it and say if he doesn't eat it, he's not getting anything else!
2006-04-28 17:05:02 UTC
Just have salads and diet shakes. Tell him he needs to lose a few pounds, because it might be stressful on his heart. That's true!
2006-04-28 17:03:00 UTC
call him a fat bastard...everyday...